Tuesday 16 December 2008

What am I doing?


Many repace old media with the latest. In this case replacing your diary notebook with a blog account.

Then i ask myself this question: who really wants to know our daily activities, and what everybody gets up to? Because I for one dont.

However if the activities are important or effect me, then it will create an instant interest like something newsworthy for instance or something personal.

Ordinary bloggers cannot interest me with their day to day lives, and reading their daily accounts would surely mean that I am bored beyond imaginition.

Staying in touch with friends and family however and what they get up to sounds more appealing. This is where I introduce Twitter, a service which is similar to Facebook's status updater and tells you what others are doing.

It seems to be an effective tool, which is heavily used in the media, from journalism to entertainment. In the recent Mumbai attacks, Twitter users were almost writing the news with posts like "Firing happening at the Oberoi hotel where my sister works", as well as every minute updates.

Its effect on journalism is incredible, because journalists and reporters are not always in the right moment, in the right time, and this is where citizens come in and perhaps do their duty for the (global) community by informing others.


image source: google images

No comments: