Tuesday 16 December 2008

Feature Intro



As Christmas is soon approaching, and the module being in its ending stages we have been given a task of writing a series of posts for a feature.

This can be of our choice or subject matter, which left me thining the whole weekend because there is so much to write about, yet it was still not easy to decide.

Too be honest quite frankly I have had enough of writing about news for now or politics which is the reason my feature will lean into a more entertainment based area focusing on music mainly.

At first I felt like continuing with a similar format like our group blog where i would cover international news stories however with the amount of freedom with content and subject matter available for this feature, I decided to write about muscic; a passion of mine.

Music itself is a huge and popular market, with many genres and niches. I dont aim to write about every single genre and imitate Wikipedia, instead I shall cover Hip Hop music, which has endless blogs.

It is difficult to be creative in a field that is so broad, like music. Instead of simply writing about my favourite rappers for instance, I will be writing about hip-hop music and its relationship with the internet.

As far as getting other people involved, I will use the main marketing tool for bloggers. Being a member of a couple Hip Hop forums, I shall comment there with links to my feature, and offer interaction.


image source: cheese-on-bread blog

No comments: