Thursday 18 December 2008

Feature: My Hip Hop Bookmarks

Amongst the many hip-hop websites, who provide users and fans with information like new songs and 'whats hot', I decided to list my favourites, which arent many! (Sorry if I left you out)

The Godfather of them all, the Big Daddy, the Head Honcho has to be World Star Hip Hop.
The self-acclaimed 'CNN of urban media'.

With its simple layout, it only featues the latest hip hop videos, ranging from interviews, music video's, and videos of popular culture and general interest. Quite surprisingly, it was where I seen the incident with George Bush, and the flying shoes.


With that being said, I thought to myself the Steinbrenner of a hip hop website should be the best in multimedia, engaging in social networking , as well as delivering the best music. After more thought, I came to the conclusion that when simplicity works well, it works well for a reason.

Secondly, and finally there is Sohh, which I've slightly mentioned in one of my other posts. It stands for Support Online Hip Hop. It is more multimedia based then my #1 choice, thus probably full of geeks.

Categorised in many sections, Sohh caters for hip hop fans with great variety, from news, to blogs, and has its own Twitter update. The forum on Sohh is also one of its great attributes, and a personal favourite of mine where I can almosts spend hours on a boring day.



image sources: my camera phone: World Star Hip Hop, Sohh

No comments: