Friday 14 November 2008

Online Journalism, and Politics.


After an intriguing lecture on Online Journalism by my course leader Jim McClellan, i try to make sense of everything i have learned or more specifically remembered and put it into practice.

Although I am not much of a blogger, I am aware of its usage and popularity over the last couple of years.

Critically speaking, the thought of writing about my everyday life for an online audience which is larger than i can imagine seems rather futile. I am sure nobody is interested in my daily activities, and I am certainly not interested in the lives of people I do not know.

However as a means of information and getting matters across, and interacting with others in debate sounds more appealing.

At the end of the day, people need to understand the difference with cyberspace and reality. When their are celebrities who do not get as much light as they wish, why would ordinary people or 'average Joe's get attention.

Maybe with the influence of the reality television phenomenon Big Brother people think it is 'cool' to inform others about how they live their lives. This can also involve posting videos, and recording an ordinary day.

Before I get too deep into the reasons why online diaries (which is a part of blogging), is useless, I shall commence with my first task and post of the day, about a news story of interest.
This will be about a Hillary Clinton being a potential member of Barack Obama's administration.


HILLARY CLINTON LINKED WITH SECRETARY OF STATE JOB

Defeat in the American election campaign does not seem to hinder Hillary Clinton's career as she is speculated to become secretary of state in an Obama administration.

Intriguing as the two were in heavy rivalry in the early stages of the presidency election. Seriously what is Obama thinking?

Is this a publicity stunt, or is he being sympathetic towards old Hillary. Perhaps Obama is emulating similar tactics by George Bush who appointed his rival Colin Powell as secretary of state in 2000.

As Mrs Clinton awaits the opportunity by former senator of Illinois, thinking 'yes I can' be your secretary, I wonder what Bill Clinton thinks of this. Luring in the political affairs of his wife? Surely he wont be able to resist.

Lets just hope she does not get caught up into any of her husbands past activities.

No comments: